On Alan Shawn Feinstein's death

I just learned that Alan Shawn Feinstein died this weekend aged 93

He and i were enemies after I saw in 1997 how some of his scholars were harassing and stealing from the very poor they claimed to be helping, leading to my first appearance in the providence journal. We reconciled after I introduced him to some of those same homeless and poor in 2003, and we became fixtures at borders and providence where people would listen us talk about the transience and meaning of wealth, and I was the only person not to accept free theater tickets from him. More fitting is how the funeral home handling his memorial is located close to my first providence residence of 517 hope street, how the universe works.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Iran/Artesh disrespected at providence Palestine rally

On Erzherzog Karl von Habsburg on the situation in ukrayna

Peter Khan illegally held for defending Iranians in america